Saturday, June 14, 2008

Birthday party!

One year ago today, we were just one day away from meeting our baby girl. I had just been to my perinatologist appointment, where the doctors determined that Lucy's growth, which had been slow up to that point, had basically stopped. They proceeded to perform an amniocentesis on me (a charming little procedure where a five inch needle is thrust through your abdomen and into your uterus), which showed that Lucy's lungs were mature enough for delivery. So off I went to labor and delivery, scared and worried and thoroughly overwhelmed.

Today was SO much better than that day!

We had Lucy's party today (her actual birthday is tomorrow, but really, what good is a birthday if you can't spread it out for a few days?) I was pretty sure she would hate it, since she's not big on crowds, and since these one year old parties are really for the parents anyway, but she actually seemed to have a fabulous time.

Lucy in the little birthday hat I made for her. You can't see it in this picture, but there's a little number "1" on the top. She was amazingly good at leaving it on...

...except here, where's she's like, "waaaait a second! You've put a hat on me while I wasn't looking! I'll have none of that".


Playing with the creepy doll she fell in love with at Toys R Us. Really, I guess this was the least creepy doll they had, but they're all fairly nightmarish if you ask me. She loooooves it.


Lucy and her little mini-cake. (which I'm pretty sure is actually like eight full servings, sure to thrust her directly into diabetic shock).


She was so funny with it. She would dip one little delicate finger in at a time, and get a little glob of frosting to lick off. She still managed to make a pretty good mess though.

Lucy was beyond excited about all of her gifts- she was very nearly hyperventilating by the time she'd gotten through the pile of presents.


Opening a present from Bryan, Jeanie and Lander. Thank you guys!


Lucy, in the cute little moccasins that Grandma Pat and Ralph gave her! Thank you!



Lucy with Daddy at the end of the party.

Thanks to everyone for coming, and for spoiling our little Lucy even more than we do! I'm sure there will be more pictures of festivities on her actual birthday tomorrow!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Happy birthday, Lucy!!! Love the hat!

Melinda said...

Why are we not getting together on a regular basis?! Our girls are a WEEK apart (yours is darling, btw) and we both love etsy. Yep, we're silly! Happy Birthday Lucy!

Lauriann said...

Oh, I wish I could have made it. You threw a lovely party for her. Happy Birthday Lucy!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.