Saturday, March 15, 2008

9 Months!

Lucy's stats at nine months old:

Height: 27 inches
Weight: 14 pounds, 12 ounces
Teeth: Zero
Thighs: Thunderous

She's still not on the charts for weight, but her height is in the 28th percentage, and her Dr. seems really happy with where she is. And to be fair, she lost at least a pound from the diaper I changed right before her appointment.

Some other things about Lucy at nine months: She can sit up great all on her own now, though it sometimes takes her a minute to realize she's fallen over. She can stand up a little while holding on to something, but I'm not entirely convinced she's aware she's doing it. She's starting to really like books, especially the ones with photos of babies and animals, and she likes you to make the sounds of the animals to her. She loves carrots, hates lotion, and both loves and hates Henry the cat. And also? She's pretty much the most ridiculously adorable little creature I've ever seen in my life, and she's growing up at a seriously alarming rate. Because, nine months? Really? Holy crap.

Lucy gets to celebrate nine months of life by hanging out all day with her Grandma and Grandpa, where she is sure to get spoiled like no child has ever been spoiled before. Sterling and I are heading out to celebrate eight years of marriage. Eight years! I think that also deserves a holy crap. Happy Anniversary Ster- thanks for being the best friend and husband a girl could ask for, and the best Daddy a Lucy could ask for. Love you!



I think Lucy is developing her "I just did something naughty" face in this picture. Notice the handful of cat hair she is clutching, and then take a moment to appreciate the unwavering patience of poor Henry the cat.

8 comments:

Heather said...

So adorable. Isn't it awful how fast time flies? But then, they just get more fun and interesting by the day, don't you think?

I absolutely love the look on her face in the last picture. I wish our cat was patient. He'll put up with Max for a little while, but then he gets fed up. Max has been scratched twice and bitten once (luckily, it wasn't that bad! I felt so awful!). Ever since the bite, though, Max has kept a careful distance.

Your posts of Lucy are so much fun! Congrats on the anniversary, too.

Marianne & Clayton said...

Um, I think I need an update on the cat's stats. Length? Weight? That is one huge cat. Or is it one small baby-girl? Either way, I love her. Good job on getting her to nine months. And great job on eight years.
Hope you had a fun anniversary!

Burr said...

Henry weighs about 17 pounds. I measured him just for fun and he's 34 inches from nose to tail and he stands about 14 inches at the shoulder.

The funny thing is he's the smaller of our two cats. And it's not even close. I wouldn't even dare to try to get Max's stats.

Sterling

Anonymous said...

Congrats at 8 years, yet another successful hook up I created. BTW Burr had that exact face when he was naughty in high school!

Love you all
Jeanne

Mindy Williams said...

Wow, 8 years?!? I remember all the emails about whether or not Ster was the right one and obviously he is! Lucy is beyond adorable...maybe one day we'll meet face to face now that we live closer! Love ya!

Bekah said...

The time passes so so quickly. I try to savor every moment but even that is so hard. She's growing, and that's all that matters. Given how much food your say she eats she will be a giant by the time she's about 3! It's funny how toddlers don't seem to match, in size, what they were like in infancy. Some of the fattest babies are so skinny and some of the skinniest are average toddlers. Too bad you don't live closer by, Allison and Lucy could share clothes!

Melinda said...

She is adorable and your pictures are gorgeous! (I need lessons) Nice work on raising such a good kiddo, Mommy!

Lauriann said...

congrats on the anniversary! I guess that means I've known you just over 8 years. :)
And Jack now weighs more than Lucy, but that's okay, she'll want to weigh less than the boys anyway.