Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

My first Mother's Day was fantastic. I woke up to roses and a tear-inducing letter from Sterling, and also this...


...which is simultaneously the coolest and cutest thing I've ever owned. I kind of want to scratch it behind its ears and get it a bowl of water. And then watch 12 straight hours of The Office on its tiny, adorable screen.

Anyway, best husband EVER. We mostly just hung out a lot today with Lucy, which was fabulous, since she is the reason I get to have a Mother's Day this year. Hurray for Lucy! It still seems surreal that she's here, and she's mine, and I'm really and truly a mom. I just feel insanely, incredibly lucky, every single day.

I've actually been sitting here for a while, thinking about what to write about my first Mother's Day as a mom, and about Mother's Day in general. Ultimately, it all seems to come out a little too personal or a lot too sappy or just really lame in general. I'm aware (to a ridiculous degree) that Mother's Day pretty much sucks for a lot of women, and I hate that. I hope that everyone out there had a great day, but if you didn't, hopefully next year will be better.

A lot can happen in a year.

1 comment:

Lauriann said...

I LOVE that last picture. How precious, and I'm so glad you had a good mother's day. I did too. :) We deserved it.